Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Vann Kemp
Votes |
Real Estate Investing Meet ups

Vann Kemp
Posted Jan 4 2023, 18:15

Hello BP, ( Profile picture coming soon) 

Over the past month I have started my REI journey. Listening to BP YouTube ep., reading beginners guides, etc. Diving in head first. I'm looking to take the month of January to build my foundation for my business. I'm 27 working a W2 job, but looking to be self employed within 2-3 years. I've hit a minor wall in-terms of content. So, I would love to meet up with other investors/ REI mentors in the NOVA/DC area.

Anyone in the area that would be open for coffee or lunch to help an eager rookie? Would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet like minded individuals in the area or online. Either work. 

Thanks,

Vann Kemp

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jan 5 2023, 06:09
Quote from @Vann Kemp:

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 5 2023, 08:37

Hi Vann! Its exciting to hear you are starting your real estate journey. I am in a similar position, learning all that I can, and figuring out my next best steps to achieve my goals this year. I like to listen to BP podcasts on my drive to work, I have bought multiple books on RE that are featured on BP, and even found a local RE meetup through a post on BP. It's a powerful site! I hope to buy my first investment property in the near future. Lets connect and keep each other motivated towards our goals this year :)

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Vann Kemp
Votes |
Replied Jan 5 2023, 08:41
Quote from @Courtney Sutton:

Hi Vann! Its exciting to hear you are starting your real estate journey. I am in a similar position, learning all that I can, and figuring out my next best steps to achieve my goals this year. I like to listen to BP podcasts on my drive to work, I have bought multiple books on RE that are featured on BP, and even found a local RE meetup through a post on BP. It's a powerful site! I hope to buy my first investment property in the near future. Lets connect and keep each other motivated towards our goals this year :)

100% I’m going to look for meet up groups in the NOVA/DC area. Look forward to staying connected!