Votes
Dalton Kent
  • Investor
Votes |
Real estate side hustles

Dalton Kent
  • Investor
Posted Jan 5 2023, 18:15

Hi everyone, I'm new to real estate investing and also working on my real estate license. I'm currently looking for a side hustle to give me some experience, so I have something to offer my future partners such as services and knowledge. I'm from a small rural town in south Alabama and tons of agent listings have no aerial photos. Would getting a drone be a smart investment for a side hustle to get into the real estate world? Open to suggestions! Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jan 6 2023, 04:56
Quote from @Dalton Kent:

Hi everyone, I'm new to real estate investing and also working on my real estate license. I'm currently looking for a side hustle to give me some experience, so I have something to offer my future partners such as services and knowledge. I'm from a small rural town in south Alabama and tons of agent listings have no aerial photos. Would getting a drone be a smart investment for a side hustle to get into the real estate world? Open to suggestions! Thanks!

It's an option, but how many listings are there and how many of them will hire you for drone footage? Do the math and see if it's going to be worth the effort. The FAA controls drones now, so you need a license and the time/expense may not be worth it. You could probably make more getting a side job detailing cars or waiting tables.

If you have a real estate investor group in your area, attend some meetings, network, and see if you can pick up some work there. You may come across investors that need help with jobs in exchange for mentoring, maybe they are looking for a new agent or someone to partner with on a deal.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo