• Real Estate Agent
  • Metro-Detroit Michigan
Votes |
Good Jobs within the Real Estate Industry

William Patsalis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Metro-Detroit Michigan
Posted Jan 6 2023, 06:46

I am currently a real estate agent and I am looking to work in another field of real estate so I can continue to grow and learn more about different aspects of real estate. I would like to get a job based on hourly/salary pay but I am coming here for advice on where to look. I am hardworking, very good with numbers, and can complete tasks within a deadline What jobs can you recommend that might help me grow? I was thinking something along the lines of property management or mortgage banking. However, I am posting this to learn about jobs I haven't thought of so any suggestions are appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Abel Curiel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Queens, NY
Replied Jan 6 2023, 06:57

Hello @William Patsalis,

For a salaried position in the field, I'd recommend looking into administrative/clerical jobs for RE brokerages, teams and investors. This will give you a ton of exposure to the business although some parts of the job can be monotonous. 

Being that you're good with numbers, experienced investors would find this helpful. I worked with a first-time investor from BiggerPockets who ended up connecting with and landing a job with an experienced investor as an assistant - this type of position, however, also requires some handy work. Not sure what his title is exactly as it is a pretty flexible gig with ever-changing responsibilities - i.e. checking out properties for initial inspection; coordinating walkthroughs with contractors; running comps and creating pro-formas; supervising rehab jobs; and some office work.

I'd also recommend looking into project management and construction company positions.

Best of luck to you on your search!

Abel

• Real Estate Agent NY (#10401295960)

REbuild Team - eXp Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 6 2023, 07:19

Your goal is to grow and learn more....

You can learn off the internet...

Maybe refocus your SELF on becoming a money making machine...

There is no W2 that will teach this to you.

Use a W2 to make money for your down payments on investments....Read Rich Dad Poor Dad...and SAVE SAVE SAVE.

Maybe you can get a W2 with the State (dept of ????) that pays reasonably and has reasonable hours.

If you think a W2 will teach you this....I think you are looking down the wrong well.

There are links at the top to learn the basics of this business, and you need CASH money to invest vs a wish and a dream.

@James Wise has a lot of informative videos on his YouTube page...(a lot of the Gotcha stuff people rarely think about when it comes to this business).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4RSiEdoHuU

Good Luck!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Davidson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boise, ID
Replied Jan 6 2023, 08:01

@William Patsalis are you looking for money or to learn a different aspect. If you are looking to learn well get a job in the area you want to learn about. If you are looking for money that is a different story. PM will teach you a lot about management and mortgage banking will teach you about bank loans. You are in the best area to learn all different aspects right now just get out there and start learning and earning!

You got it man!

User Stats

Votes
Melanie Thomas
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • San Antonio
Replied Jan 6 2023, 08:11

I second your thought on Property Management. Such a wealth of knowledge. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jan 7 2023, 06:28
Quote from @William Patsalis:

Property management is the place to be! Solid W-2 income and the demand for an honest, hard-working PM is high in just about every market. Just spend time on the forums and you'll see dozens of posts every day looking for good management. It can pay well and it will also accelerate your learning on how to properly manage rentals, which will ease your burden as an investor. Most private Landlords lose tens, possibly hundreds of thousands, because they don't know how to properly manage their property.

If you do real well and enjoy it, you can break out on your own and start your own PM company. I won't share the numbers publicly, but it can be very profitable.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Jan 7 2023, 13:20

@William Patsalis not many mortgage jobs pay by the hour and the ones that do don't pay well.

Look into property developers and commercial managers.