• Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Connect with local investors in greater Detroit

Blake Hooks
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Jan 9 2023, 17:43

I'm new to the BP forums, and looking to connect with either local or OOS investors in the greater Detroit area. I've been looking at properties for the last few weeks, and am interested in discussing someone's experience with investing in the market. Points of interest for me would be hear about successes and areas for improvement. In return, I'm happy to discuss other markets I have been monitoring, and seeing if there is any other way I can provide value. 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jan 10 2023, 04:16
Quote from @Blake Hooks:

I'm new to the BP forums, and looking to connect with either local or OOS investors in the greater Detroit area. I've been looking at properties for the last few weeks, and am interested in discussing someone's experience with investing in the market. Points of interest for me would be hear about successes and areas for improvement. In return, I'm happy to discuss other markets I have been monitoring, and seeing if there is any other way I can provide value. 

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

@Drew Sygit is a property manager there and may have some advice.

Ashley Hamilton is killing it! Here's a recent update interview she did with BiggerPockets.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Jan 10 2023, 04:42

@Blake Hooks you may want to check out & attend www.REIAofOakland.com meetings. There are also several local MeetUps.

You might want to follow the "Deep Dive" series we're doing on our BiggerPockets blog about Metro Detroit cities, City of Detroit Neighborhoods and comparing Metro Detroit to other hotspots investors usually consider:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...
(BP search feature can be problematic, so we’ve also added links @ our website under View Cities & Neighborhoods We Service)

Please send us any feedback or contact us for more info via email, as we do not use the DM feature here.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Jan 10 2023, 04:43

@Nathan Gesner man, we owe you a few shoutouts in return!

User Stats

Votes
Blake Hooks
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Jan 10 2023, 05:55

Thanks @Drew Sygit and @Nathan Gesner! I'll review both your recommendations.