Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes

Investing Beginners Here

Stefan Slavkovic
Posted Jan 10 2023, 17:00

Hi everyone!  My wife and I are looking to begin our investing journey by purchasing our first multi-family property, ideally a duplex in the Pittsburgh, PA area.  We'd love to connect with folks in and around Pittsburgh!  

Thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Ace Kaspar
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Jan 10 2023, 18:21

Hi Stefan,

Happy to hear that you're looking to start the process!

I am not in the area but I am always looking to connect with people in the real estate investing industry. 

Feel free to hit up my DMs to chat and if you have questions, I am always happy to help.

Best,
Ace

User Stats

Votes
Gary Swank
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jan 10 2023, 20:19

Hi Stefan, you've certainly picked a great city to invest in. I've lived here my whole life and know the area very well.  You definitely can build a strong portfolio here as long as you know the area and the numbers work for you. Properties and their condition change street to street and each neighborhood has a unique vibe. I'd be interested to hear more about your plans and goals. Best of luck to you and your wife as you start investing.  Gary

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Angotti
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jan 11 2023, 06:12
Quote from @Stefan Slavkovic:

Hi everyone!  My wife and I are looking to begin our investing journey by purchasing our first multi-family property, ideally a duplex in the Pittsburgh, PA area.  We'd love to connect with folks in and around Pittsburgh!  

Thanks! 

Hey Stefan,

I’d be happy to connect. I’m from the  South Hills and started out house hacking and now do everything from small multi to commercial residential and office/retail.

It’s been quite a journey.

If you can swing it with your life situation house hacking is a good way to start if looking for small multifamily because you’ll save so much money to roll into your next investment. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Webb
  • Investor
  • Central Virginia
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Central Virginia
Replied Jan 11 2023, 06:17

Hi @Stefan Slavkovic, I was in Pittsburgh last summer, it looks like you will have a good selection. Every neighborhood is interesting. I would look at @Dion McNeeley YouTube channel as he has made it to freedom using small multi-families. Good luck and have fun!! 

User Stats

Votes
Mehraan Moosa
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jan 11 2023, 09:05

@Stefan Slavkovic Hey Stefan!

Excited to hear you're starting the investment journey here in Pittsburgh. It's a great market to get started in. 

I work directly with a large network of investors in western PA. I'd love to connect!