Starting Out
Account Closed
  • Pennsylvania
Votes |
REI in Chester County, PA

Account Closed
  • Pennsylvania
Posted Jan 12 2023, 18:04

Hi, I'm 17 years old and I've spent the past year or so reading about and listening to podcasts on REI. I've just started the process of networking by reaching out to some investors in my area. With that being said, patience isn't exactly my forte and I am oftentimes completely oblivious to things that are staring me right in the face. So aside from reaching out to more investors and reading/watching more about real estate what else could I be doing during this time? Within the next month I will be attending a local meetup, and I am, a little more than, slightly nervous. I would appreciate any recommendations on what to do in my free time and how to prepare myself for the meetup.

Thanks,

Jake Holdren

User Stats

Votes
Nathan A.
  • New to Real Estate
  • Sunnyvale CA and Maplewood, NJ
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Sunnyvale CA and Maplewood, NJ
Replied Jan 12 2023, 19:35

It's great that you've done so much reading and listening. I would recommend that you get good at analyzing potential deals. Also, start thinking about things you have time to do and are willing to do that could provide value to those you network with.

User Stats

Votes
Matt N.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jan 15 2023, 06:17

Hey Jake.

Start running so many deal analysis that you can look at a property and price and know instantly if its a good deal (dont be hasty this takes time).

Your next lesson should be on Self Directed IRAs and your business structure. You want to invest correctly for the future and structure correctly for the present. I am no expert here but there are videos and lessons online.

Good luck! If you need help reach out. 

Matt

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes