Jesse Lewis
  • MS
Votes |
The Current Plan (Part 1)

Jesse Lewis
  • MS
Posted Jan 14 2023, 18:47

Hello everyone.

It's been a while since I've visited my BP account. But I have reached my bottom and now I am taking action. I've always wanted to invest in real estate and never have for one reason or another. But now is different. So, I'll be posting my plan and progress in the forums. 

The current plan looks like this.....

GOAL: Purchase first real estate investment before the close of 2023.

Steps:

1. Borrow against land I own in order to fund the purchase of a 2-4 unit rental property.

2. Reacquire my real estate license in the state I am in.

3. Figure out how to tie the utilities into my cashflow.

4. Make offers on properties that meet my criteria. 

These steps (with the exception of the real estate license) are to be completed by the 28th of February 2023.

I will acquire my real estate license by the end of March 2023.

If you read this post, please don't be shy about reaching out. If you have advice, questions, or anything at all, please reach out. I am always looking to connect.

I would also like to mention, I am looking for a local REIA meet up in the Gulfport, MS, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida areas.

User Stats

Votes
Justin Allen
  • Licensed Broker/Investor
  • Ocean Springs, MS
Votes |
  • Licensed Broker/Investor
  • Ocean Springs, MS
Replied Jan 16 2023, 07:25

Nice plan!  Don't be afraid to change your plans as you go.  People can do more than they think in less time when they have the right focus and mindset... put into action.  Sometimes you have to know what you don't want in life before you know what you do want.  You can achieve anything, but only if you believe it to the point where you put in the time to learn and execute.  You're environment plays a big part of what you can achieve.  Make sure that's in check before you start your journey.  If not, the voices in your head and the voices from others will take you off the rails before the proper habits take hold.  Put the blinders on and brainwash yourself into thinking like the new you, feeling like the new you and acting like the new you.  Be humble and learn as much as you can from others you admire.  Remove the rear-view mirror and just focus on being the best you can one day at a time.  Use each hour of your 24 to better yourself and you'll be amazed who you will become in one year.  I love what Les Brown says... "Make sure when you fail, you land on your back because if you can look up, you can get up."  You will fail.  Make sure you fail fast and often.  It's the only way practice makes perfect.

• Real Estate Agent Mississippi (#B-20489)

eAgent Nexus Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jevon Shaw
  • Investor
  • DFW, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • DFW, TX
Replied Jan 16 2023, 07:31

Congratulations, Jesse! Kudos to you for setting a date - accountability is key!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Harden
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Puyallup, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Puyallup, WA
Replied Jan 16 2023, 07:50

Sounds like a great plan to me. You see a path that you are wanting to take, you have all the correct steps in order, all that's left to do is take action. That being said, sounds like you are already taking action by obtaining your license, so you're already well on your way!

User Stats

Votes
Clint Galliano
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houma, LA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houma, LA
Replied Jan 18 2023, 16:51

Having a plan and taking action is more than the majority of the population will do. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Clint

User Stats

Votes
Jesse Lewis
  • MS
Votes |
  • MS
Replied Jan 21 2023, 17:33
Quote from @Justin Allen:

Nice plan!  Don't be afraid to change your plans as you go.  People can do more than they think in less time when they have the right focus and mindset... put into action.  Sometimes you have to know what you don't want in life before you know what you do want.  You can achieve anything, but only if you believe it to the point where you put in the time to learn and execute.  You're environment plays a big part of what you can achieve.  Make sure that's in check before you start your journey.  If not, the voices in your head and the voices from others will take you off the rails before the proper habits take hold.  Put the blinders on and brainwash yourself into thinking like the new you, feeling like the new you and acting like the new you.  Be humble and learn as much as you can from others you admire.  Remove the rear-view mirror and just focus on being the best you can one day at a time.  Use each hour of your 24 to better yourself and you'll be amazed who you will become in one year.  I love what Les Brown says... "Make sure when you fail, you land on your back because if you can look up, you can get up."  You will fail.  Make sure you fail fast and often.  It's the only way practice makes perfect.

I can not tell you how spot on everything you wrote is. Thank you for the confidence and support. I can not wait to connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Jesse Lewis
  • MS
Votes |
  • MS
Replied Jan 21 2023, 17:34
Quote from @Clint Galliano:

Having a plan and taking action is more than the majority of the population will do. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Clint

Thank you very much.