Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Michael Jones
Votes |
Need help please!!!

Michael Jones
Posted Jan 16 2023, 12:27

I'm in chapter 13 bankruptcy, I can pay it off this year, I freed up 3k/month in debt and make twice as much as I did when I filled. I want to jump in the real estate space and have been doing homework for a year. Where can I start now, and what are my options after bankruptcy discharge. How soon can I start investing after.

User Stats

Votes
John O'Leary
  • Lender
  • Winter Park, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Winter Park, FL
Replied Jan 16 2023, 13:40

Hi Michael,

I'd be happy to connect and explain what the best steps would be. Let me know if you would like to set up a call.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Jones
Votes |
Replied Jan 16 2023, 17:50

I am very interested in speaking with you and thank you. I understand our time is valuable so please let me know when it is convenient for you to speak with me and I will make myself available.

Thank you again,

Mike Jones

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Adam Bartling
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Rosenberg, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Rosenberg, TX
Replied Jan 16 2023, 18:07

@Michael Jones Since you filed a Ch13, you kept your home and making payments on the remaining debt. This is going to step into the realm of financial discovery and suggestions due to your situation.  Can it be done? Yes.  Do we need to know more? Heck Ya.  

I like seeing people win

This road bump ( I know I had to file Ch7 before, completely out of my control, Thanks Gov Shut downs!) is temporary and what I can say is remain patient no matter the outcome talking to me or others.  

You are going to need to get detailed to where every dollar is going and you may have to cut out some of your wants.  But remember your going to get out of this, just need to make a solid plan.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Jones
Votes |
Replied Jan 18 2023, 10:03

I have a plan. I feel I'm at a point where I  need to speak with professionals in this space. I don't have all the answers and am seeking information. I have huge plans and dreams. I just don't know how to get there. I have created a fresh start for myself and don't want to screw it up this time. I want to learn as much as I can and make smart decisions.