Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Jaxon Blackham
Votes |
Find Multi Families In Provo Area

Jaxon Blackham
Posted Jan 17 2023, 14:36

I am looking to buy a Multi family in Provo or Orem area. I am having trouble finding properties that are for sell. All I have done is used Zillow to look around. Is there a better way of looking for potential properties? In addition for FHA loans can you use projected rental income if you have no rental history before?

User Stats

Votes
Taylor Woodbury
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Provo, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Provo, UT
Replied Jan 17 2023, 15:38

Hey Jaxon, the official database of Utah (MLS) is definitely going to be the best source for finding properties. I'm happy to get you setup on there and dial in a search based on what you're looking for. Typically you can use the rental income to help qualify you for the loan, although it does get more complicated on 3+ units. Feel free to send me a message and we can chat!

User Stats

Votes
Garrett Christensen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orem, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orem, UT
Replied Jan 17 2023, 16:35

I agree with Taylor, the MLS is your best bet. It's important to note that most lenders can only take 75% of the rental income towards your DTI (Debt to Income Ratio). If there are no contracts in place they can usually just use what they predict market rents to be.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Logan McKay Zylstra
  • Realtor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Jan 17 2023, 17:05

I have two duplexes in the area. Happy to connect and walk you through the steps on how to get started