Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Ed Dunbar
Votes |
What do your research and screening processes look like?

Ed Dunbar
Posted Jan 18 2023, 12:57

Question is basically in the title. I would love to hear from new folks but even better yet I would like to hear from experienced investors. I am new and trying to get my processes down so that I am not aimlessly scrolling Zillow or other minimally helpful activities. I am reading books and listening to podcasts and I am understanding the basics; but I'd love to hear a bit about how folks are spending their time? Sites or analyzing tools that you use? How do you run your numbers and more importantly what are you looking for when you run them? 

I work a couple of different jobs and have time carved out to spend on this each day; I want to make the most of it and treat this like the job I'd love for it to become. 

Thanks for any feedback or insights into your process. 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 18 2023, 22:03

Whats your goal? It's a lot less time consuming building a rental portfolio with a W2 job and buying turnkey property. If you are going to pursue flipping make some time for yourself. 

User Stats

Votes
Ed Dunbar
Votes |
Replied Jan 19 2023, 07:09
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

Whats your goal? It's a lot less time consuming building a rental portfolio with a W2 job and buying turnkey property. If you are going to pursue flipping make some time for yourself. 

thanks for the feedback. Long term goal is to have a nice portfolio of cash flowing properties. We currently own a home with a good deal of equity in a high rent high traffic STR area. We are considering moving into another home as a live in and flip while renting out our primary (we'd change which house we consider to be primary). We would plan to live in the live and flip for about a year, rent for a few years, then decide what to do with the live in and flip from there.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes