Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Isaac Wescott
Votes |
Looking to get started by working for an investment company!

Isaac Wescott
Posted Jan 23 2023, 10:44

I recently moved back home to Chicago after working abroad and traveling during my 20s. I am now in my early 30s and I am really looking to break into real estate investing. I'm hungry to learn and I am looking for any kind of work opportunities in the Chicagoland area with an investment company to help get me started in the industry. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Justin Hammerle
  • Realtor
  • Providence, RI
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Providence, RI
Replied Jan 23 2023, 11:12

Hi Isaac, I would look into an analyst/acquisitions position for a national developer/REIT/Local development firm. These are typically entry level with no experience needed. You could also consider getting your sales license and working with a commercial real estate brokerage. You should have a fair amount of options in a city like Chicago.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 23 2023, 21:51

Whats your goal? Do some research on the front end instead of being so willing to take on anything initially. You want to be a wholesaler? Flipper? Long term rental portfolio? All these require different paths. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Jan 24 2023, 06:05

Hey @Isaac Wescott - I am agreeance with @Justin Hammerle suggestion.  Finding a local commercial brokerage here in Chicago like Essex or Kiser group would be a great place to learn and underwrite deals.

Also, I know if you were interested in getting into property management @Mark Ainley would be a good person to connect with.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Ainley
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb)
Votes |
Property Manager
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb)
Replied Jan 26 2023, 11:38

Thanks @Jonathan Klemm and excited to hear what you are looking to do @Isaac Wescott.  I will send you a DM with the real estate opportunities we have with a W2 positions.  We are growing so we are always hiring.  We need a northside of Chicago showing agent too if anyone knows anyone.