• New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
What can I do for you?

Isaiah Backiel
  • New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Posted Jan 24 2023, 04:56

Hello! Are you an experienced investor in the Savannah, GA area? Specifically dealing with long term rentals, maybe some fix and flips or wholesale deals here and there? I want to help you, work for you, for free, to earn the opportunity to learn from you and get a head start on my journey in real estate. 

I am 25 years old and working full time, recently separated from the U.S. Army, (honorable), with a lot of ambition and drive to be successful in real estate. The value of knowledge from someone with experience is worth far more to me at this stage than money, and I would jump at the opportunity to learn from someone directly in my time off from my current job. 

Any response, info, advice, or criticism is welcomed and appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read 🙏🏼

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jan 24 2023, 05:41
Quote from @Isaiah Backiel:

You'll probably get better traction attending local meetups and rubbing elbows with investors. If they see you are motivated and have some value to provide, people will be interested in partnering with you.

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jaron Walling
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 24 2023, 05:54

@Isaiah Backiel You're 25 years young. I'm 36 and tell you from experience the best thing you can do right now is be selfish. Focus on a few REI goals, learn to budget effectively, grow some skills, and meet local people. That's how you add value to another investors.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Isaiah Backiel
  • New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Replied Jan 24 2023, 05:55
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

You'll probably get better traction attending local meetups and rubbing elbows with investors. If they see you are motivated and have some value to provide, people will be interested in partnering with you.

Go to NETWORK at the top of your screen and you can search for other investors and investment groups in your area. You can also check meetup.com or search facebook for real estate investment groups, clubs, or meetings in your area.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond, I’ll definitely check that out, thank you, Nathan!

User Stats

Votes
Isaiah Backiel
  • New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Replied Jan 24 2023, 08:48
Quote from @Jaron Walling:

@Isaiah Backiel You're 25 years young. I'm 36 and tell you from experience the best thing you can do right now is be selfish. Focus on a few REI goals, learn to budget effectively, grow some skills, and meet local people. That's how you add value to another investors.

Definitely will work on all of that. Always adjusting my budget, and being sure to live far below my means. In your opinion, what are some specific skills that you would consider most valuable and practical to a beginner? Thank you for taking the time to respond, Jaron!

User Stats

Votes
Jaron Walling
Pro Member
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Jan 24 2023, 11:04
Quote from @Jaron Walling:

Definitely will work on all of that. Always adjusting my budget, and being sure to live far below my means. In your opinion, what are some specific skills that you would consider most valuable and practical to a beginner? Thank you for taking the time to respond, Jaron!

If you're aiming to invest locally I'd use 75% of my time doing market research. Use the remaining time to understand strategies that best suite you, and network. Look for opportunities in C/C+ class neighborhoods. The more you narrow down at the beginning the harder it is to find opportunities, but when you understand the numbers, did your market research, know the economy is stable and growing, you can't loose.  

Take advantage of any skills that are REI related. I could think of 10 different skills that expert investors develop over time. You probably have 2 already and don't even know it.

User Stats

Votes
Isaiah Backiel
  • New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Savannah, GA
Replied Jan 24 2023, 13:33
Quote from @Nathan Gesner:

Awesome, I’ll check that out! I appreciate the response, Nathan!

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied Jan 25 2023, 04:34

By the way, if you're going to ask somebody to teach or mentor you in this business (or any business), this is the exact right way to do it.

Lead with value and offer your time and effort in return. As opposed to so many here who simply expect others to provide their services and expertise in return for nothing.

Good job. And if you don't find anybody on BP willing to help, I would take that same message to your local REIA meetups. You'll find somebody.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 25 2023, 06:43

You should be asking for help.