Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Blanca Munoz
Votes |
Rental Analysis Form

Blanca Munoz
Posted Jan 26 2023, 14:06

So I'll be living in my first home in which I'll be renting out two rooms. Is there a rental analysis for this type of situation? I haven't found one yet.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Coco-Senyszyn
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Keller, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Keller, TX
Replied Jan 27 2023, 13:07

Yes, there are rental analysis tools available for a situation like yours where you will be renting out rooms in your own home. Some popular options include Airbnb rental analysis software or calculators. These tools can help you determine a fair rental rate for your rooms based on factors such as location, size, and amenities.

One popular software for this type of situation is Airbnb's own "Rental Income Calculator". This tool allows you to input information about your property, such as location, number of rooms, and amenities, and it will estimate how much you can expect to earn by renting out the rooms on Airbnb. It also takes into account factors such as occupancy rate, cleaning fees, and other costs.

Another tool you could use is "Beyond Pricing" this software is designed specifically for short-term rentals and takes into account the demand for your location, the pricing of comparable listings, and historical occupancy rates.

Additionally, you can also use "Smartbnb" which is a comprehensive platform that includes a pricing tool, an automated messaging system, and a calendar sync with Airbnb, Booking.com, and other platforms.

It's important to note that when using these tools, you should always verify the information they provide with your own research and local market data, as well as legal and financial considerations.

Overall, these software's can be a helpful guide in determining a fair rental rate for your rooms and maximizing your rental income.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Dumler
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jan 27 2023, 13:15

@Blanca Munoz, pen and paper will work just fine for this deal. Monthly income - monthly expenses, take that number and multiply it by 12, take that number and divide it by the cash you've invested to receive your cash on cash return. There's your analysis. The question is are your tenants long-term or short-term? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Blanca Munoz
Votes |
Replied Jan 27 2023, 13:24

I'll live in it for 5 years.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Harden
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Puyallup, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Puyallup, WA
Replied Jan 27 2023, 13:30

There isn't really a form or a way to calculate this. It is a house hack so just know what your total monthly expenses are going to be, then figure out what you would get from rent, bring the total rent into the equation with the expenses and boom. East peasy