Votes |
Private Lending and property acquisition

Dennis Dougherty
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Avondale, AZ
Posted Feb 2 2023, 07:22

Good Morning all,

As I re-start in the world of REI, I am looking to build a reliable network of people and professionals. over the past few years, I have been working to build this business while holding a job. Once I replace the JOB income then move to Full time investing. There have been a couple of decent deals over the past 7 years or so, but no real consistency. A few of the big obstacles that I a have run into

so far:

1) finding properties at a reasonable price

2) finding a property (PFC) before it has been put under contract by someone else

3) Finding reliable people to do repairs

4) Finding reliable / affordable sources of  sources of private and institutional funding

Do any of the seasoned investors have suggestions for this?

Thank you for any suggestions,

Dennis Dougherty

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Replied Feb 2 2023, 23:31
Quote from @Dennis Dougherty:

Good Morning all,

As I re-start in the world of REI, I am looking to build a reliable network of people and professionals. over the past few years, I have been working to build this business while holding a job. Once I replace the JOB income then move to Full time investing. There have been a couple of decent deals over the past 7 years or so, but no real consistency. A few of the big obstacles that I a have run into

so far:

1) finding properties at a reasonable price

2) finding a property (PFC) before it has been put under contract by someone else

3) Finding reliable people to do repairs

4) Finding reliable / affordable sources of  sources of private and institutional funding

Do any of the seasoned investors have suggestions for this?

Thank you for any suggestions,

Dennis Dougherty

There are two solutions to this very common delimma, 1.) Quit your job, go full time and learn how things operate or 2.) Team up with someone who quit their job, went full time and learned how things operate.

I can answer more questions off-line if interested.