User Stats

Votes
Lukas Wallner
Votes |
Investing in Indianapolis - Neighborhood Discovery

Lukas Wallner
Posted May 24 2023, 12:09

Hello Everyone,

My name is Lukas and I am excited to join the BP community. Looking forward to connecting and sharing insights with you all!

I am just getting started in building a portfolio of medium- to long-term rentals, and having analyzed a few out-of-state markets, I really like Indianapolis due to its cash-flowing characteristics and recent growth numbers.

I am reaching out to learn a little more about the different neighborhoods and connect with any local agents/investors to possibly pick their brains.

Let's hear what neighborhoods you prefer and why?

Thanks all!

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Lauer
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Replied May 24 2023, 12:43

Indy is great.  If you can invest near recently renovated properties you can get some nice uplift to your values, even in cash flow submarkets.  I do a lot of financing in IN, where I grew up actually.  Speedway is hit or miss but all around it has been good for long term landlords primarily. Found this interesting video online.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Mullinax
  • Property Manager
  • Kokomo, IN
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Kokomo, IN
Replied May 24 2023, 13:44

Hi Lukas! I'd be happy to have a conversation and offer some insight on the Indy market. Feel free to shoot me a message.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Cullen W Jones
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied May 25 2023, 07:29

Welcome to BP @Lukas Wallner! Congrats on making the decision to explore the Indy market. There are lots of opportunities for great additions to your portfolio. I can help you analyze ROI per neighborhood in Indianapolis, and provide you the ins and outs of each area so you feel comfortable with where you decide to invest.

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Noble Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied May 25 2023, 07:41

Welcome! Would love to connect and bring you value

User Stats

Votes
Paul Stamm
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Indiana
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Indiana
Replied May 25 2023, 08:17

Hi @Lukas Wallner! Welcome to the BP community! Indy is a great market to invest in. If you are interested, I'd like to connect you to my team so that you can learn more about investing here in Indy. 

Wish you the best!

User Stats

Votes
Nick Giulioni
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carmel, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Carmel, IN
Replied May 25 2023, 11:55

Hey there Lukas,

First off, a big ol' Hoosier welcome to the BP community! It's great to have you aboard.

You're making a savvy move diving into the Indianapolis market - it's a hidden gem in the real estate world. Cash flow and growth, we've got it all in spades, my friend.

Now, you're talking neighborhoods? I could chat Indy 'hoods all day long. From the charm of Broad Ripple to the historic vibes of Irvington, there's a pocket of the city for every type of investor.

So, don't be shy about reaching out. I'm all ears and more than happy to share some of the insights I've gleaned from my time investing here. Whether it's local intel or just a natter about the market, I'm here to help. We're all in this game together, after all!

Looking forward to hearing from you and best of luck on your real estate journey.

Cheers, Nick

User Stats

Votes
Lukas Wallner
Votes |
Replied May 27 2023, 11:05

Thanks all for the great input! Looking forward to connect!