Votes
Chris Jones
  • Old Bridge, NJ
Votes |
Hard to find deals in NJ

Chris Jones
  • Old Bridge, NJ
Posted Jan 30 2014, 06:52

I work in NYC so I have been searching for duplexes and multi-family homes with the idea of renting one unit out while occupying the other myself in areas with a decent commute. It seems the only areas where there are good deals are places like Newark and the not so nice side of Jersey City. Although I have not ruled these areas out, I would be worried about the quality of tenants. I have searched through the forum here and it seems this is a common theme in NJ.

So that leads me to my next question has anyone had success in south Jersey where pricing is more affordable? I have considered out of state as well but my options would be limited to areas where I could visit properties within a few hours drive. I am not completely sold on the idea of having other people manage your property and just shelling out cash.

It seems my only plan of option to get started would be to continue renting for commuting purposes and look at investing in areas far away from NYC.

MODERATOR: THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPERTIES OR SERVICES. ANY SORT OF ADVERTISING IN THIS THREAD WILL BE REMOVED.

Loading replies...