• Boston, MA
Votes |
Real Estate Friendly Accountant in Boston, MA

Kay Li
  • New to Real Estate
  • Boston, MA
Posted Feb 25 2024, 07:44

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for real estate friendly accountants in Massachusetts? 

Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Spearin
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Feb 26 2024, 05:41

@Kay Li I'm following this to see if I can also make some new accounting connections. Thanks for posting this!

User Stats

Votes
Fulton Abraham Sanchez
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • CPA Miami, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • CPA Miami, FL
Replied Feb 28 2024, 06:38

Hi @Kay Li, make sure to reach out to an investor savvy CPA/Accountant, there are over 20+ enlisted here in Biggerpockets. Location is not an issue as most of them remotely assist RE clients with their tax planning and accounting. 

Please feel free to reach out with your inquiries. 

Best, Fulton

FAS CPA & Consultants Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Feb 29 2024, 09:51

Hey @Kay Li

Given we are accountants, we cannot promote our services on BP as its against the rules.

To help in your search:

be sure to find an accountant who is willing to grow with you, and is not too high priced fee-wise. Not too low either, you don't want to go with someone who is just focused on price as this is a quality of a not-so-great accountant. Accountants are in such demand, that the best are not even accepting clients half the time.

The other problem I see often with accountants on here is that they specialize in larger investors, and have really high prices when you as a smaller investor do not need all the bells and whistles.

Another thing I see is folks thinking they need to have a tax professional in their state. We as a firm have investors working with us who have rental properties all over the US big and small.

Finding a real estate-focused tax professional and one who can help with advisory and grow with you would be my suggestion to focus your efforts on finding. Best of luck in your search!

User Stats

Votes
Basit Siddiqi
Pro Member
#3 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Replied Feb 29 2024, 11:17

Your BP Profile mentions that you brought a property in 2024.
Are you engaging an accountant with help for 2023 or 2024?

If it is for 2024 and going forward, you will have a higher pool of accountants to interview after April 15.

Congrats on the purchase and good luck in your search for an accountant!

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Ghione
Pro Member
  • Maynard Massachusetts
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Maynard Massachusetts
Replied Feb 29 2024, 18:08
I am looking for the same let me know if you find one please.

User Stats

Votes
Zach Kraning
  • Accountant
  • St Louis
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • St Louis
Replied Mar 2 2024, 14:43

Are you looking for accounting or tax help? There is a shortage of accountants and many firms are not taking any more clients. Any complicating factor is that many accountants do not specialize in real estate and may not be the best fit for what you are looking for. There are a number of accountants that post on BiggerPockets. 

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Jensen
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Mar 3 2024, 07:07
Quote from @Zach Kraning:

Are you looking for accounting or tax help? There is a shortage of accountants and many firms are not taking any more clients. Any complicating factor is that many accountants do not specialize in real estate and may not be the best fit for what you are looking for. There are a number of accountants that post on BiggerPockets. 

This is very true 😅 We are at 95% capacity and a lot of other firm owners I know are full completely for the rest of the year... send us more staff please!