Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Chris Worsley
Votes |
AirBnB Research before Moving Forward.

Chris Worsley
Posted Mar 2 2024, 16:24

Is there a way to look up how an AirBnB would do in my small town. I'm thinking of putting up a small log cabin on my land to start out?

User Stats

Votes
Melanie P.
Pro Member
#2 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Multi-Family and Apartment Investing Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied Mar 3 2024, 10:57

Yes AirDNA is one source. Another is to simply look up log cabins in your town and the towns around you and see what are they being leased for. You look at the calendar to see if it's booked up or long periods of vacancy.

User Stats

Votes
Brett Deas
  • Colorado
Votes |
  • Colorado
Replied Mar 3 2024, 11:20

Use AirDNA, or Rabbu.com. AirDNA is not free, but I don't use them much anymore so I am unsure of their current pricing structure. 

Another thing you can do is ask a local Property Manager what they expect it to do. Often times they will have properties in the same town/area and can give you much better revenue estimates than those online. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Worsley
Votes |
Replied Mar 4 2024, 17:58
Quote from @Melanie P.:

Yes AirDNA is one source. Another is to simply look up log cabins in your town and the towns around you and see what are they being leased for. You look at the calendar to see if it's booked up or long periods of vacancy.

Thank you Melanie

User Stats

Votes
Chris Worsley
Votes |
Replied Mar 4 2024, 17:59
Quote from @Brett Deas:

Use AirDNA, or Rabbu.com. AirDNA is not free, but I don't use them much anymore so I am unsure of their current pricing structure. 

Another thing you can do is ask a local Property Manager what they expect it to do. Often times they will have properties in the same town/area and can give you much better revenue estimates than those online. 

Thank you Brett

Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Mar 4 2024, 18:02

Totally get where you're coming from. Before you dive into the Airbnb game, I'd recommend doing some local research. Check out similar listings in your area, see how they're doing, read reviews, and snoop around the pricing. It's like undercover spy work but for cabins. 

Also, chat up any neighbors who might've tried it; real-life experiences beat stats. Small-town vibes can be gold for Airbnb, but make sure there's demand. Best of luck with the log cabin venture!

User Stats

Votes
Chris Worsley
Votes |
Replied Mar 9 2024, 13:23
Quote from @Chris Worsley:

Is there a way to look up how an AirBnB would do in my small town. I'm thinking of putting up a small log cabin on my land to start out?

I have been doing some research and would like to find a mentor I could learn from. I am new to the area and do not know anyone at this point. Is there a way to look up investors willing to mentor in your area?