Votes
Quinton Sines
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Replied Apr 17 2024, 11:11

So I've talked to some people about building a wholesale business and they say network with real estate agents and investors. I would like to talk to real estate investors and see if I can build a list that way. Is that a possibility? Am I missing something?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Silvia Talavera
  • New to Real Estate
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Katy, TX
Replied Apr 17 2024, 17:16
Quote from @Preston Dean:

@Quinton Sines

What's the questions? 

If its regarding wholesaling I can point you to my business partner 

May I have that information too? I want to start wholesaling too in Katy TX. 

User Stats

Votes
Silvia Talavera
  • New to Real Estate
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Katy, TX
Replied Apr 17 2024, 17:19
Quote from @Quinton Sines:

So I've talked to some people about building a wholesale business and they say network with real estate agents and investors. I would like to talk to real estate investors and see if I can build a list that way. Is that a possibility? Am I missing something?

There are a lot of groups on Facebook about wholesaling where you can offer your deals. I saw a lot of people providing their deals there and they have several replies to buy the house. I haven't done it yet because I am starting too, but maybe you can build your list of buyers there.

User Stats

Votes
Quinton Sines
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Replied Apr 17 2024, 17:45
Quote from @Silvia Talavera:

There are a lot of groups on Facebook about wholesaling where you can offer your deals. I saw a lot of people providing their deals there and they have several replies to buy the house. I haven't done it yet because I am starting too, but maybe you can build your list of buyers there.

That's not a bad idea. I've joined every Facebook group in my area and have talked to some of the buyers. I haven't received anything through that however I've received some responses elsewhere

User Stats

Votes
Clint Jusino
Pro Member
  • Dallas
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Dallas
Replied Apr 18 2024, 20:57
Quote from @Silvia Talavera:

That's not a bad idea. I've joined every Facebook group in my area and have talked to some of the buyers. I haven't received anything through that however I've received some responses elsewhere

I'm part of a DFW Investors group on groupme I can invite you to. That will help you connect with other investors in the DFW area. DM me and I'll send you an invite.

User Stats

Votes
Preston Dean
  • Realtor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Apr 19 2024, 08:09

@Silvia Talavera

I will send you a connection request with his info 

User Stats

Votes
Ali Radoncic
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Apr 20 2024, 06:28

Getting the deal under contract at a favorable price for all parties is the biggest challenge.

If you are able to obtain that, the buyer is much easier to find.  Do you have any properties under contract in the DFW area ?

New Western Logo

User Stats

Votes
Quinton Sines
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Denton, TX
Replied Apr 20 2024, 07:33
Quote from @Ali Radoncic:

Getting the deal under contract at a favorable price for all parties is the biggest challenge.

If you are able to obtain that, the buyer is much easier to find.  Do you have any properties under contract in the DFW area ?

I don't have any deals under contract. From the research I've done, it told me I need to get a list of buyers first before I get anything under contract. Would you suggest I find deals first?

User Stats

Votes
Ali Radoncic
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Apr 20 2024, 07:46
Quote from @Ali Radoncic:

I don't have any deals under contract. From the research I've done, it told me I need to get a list of buyers first before I get anything under contract. Would you suggest I find deals first?

It can be argued either way but "building a list" is useless without properties to offer.

One might say, "who will I sell the house to if I have no buyers?"

Answer - There are a multitude of platforms (BP included) that has active cash buyers looking for deals every day all day.  If your deal makes sense on paper, you will have more people reach out to you then you will be able to handle.

Your job then will be to vet them.  Who are the real buyers?

As you begin to close deals, you will then start to really build your real buyers list.

In real estate, when somebody doesn't have experience, bringing the "deal" is your most powerful weapon. (Not easy to do without experience I know) but that's where education comes into play.

Finding motivated sellers, being able to communicate effectively, problem solving, understanding of market values, and an understanding of rehab cost. (there's more but for sake of time) 

New Western Logo