Get off your personal Island and Network!

3 Replies

Hello, I am a generally new investor.

I've always felt as if I have lived on a small island as far as it came to real estate investing (I live in a smaller/medium size town). After listening to a lot of The BP podcasts, I finally took some action and reached out to my local market through craigslist and of course BP. To my surprise I found that there were a lot more people than I expected and now I am building relationships with them. I feel more confident that I have taken another small step on the path to success.

So to all you other beginner real estate investors, who like me do a ton of reading and never really talk to anyone, get off your personal island and reach out to other investors around you, you never know who you might find.

Thanks a million

Joshua

Good point @Joshua Morris

A lot of newbies never take action because of fear of failure.

If you want to succeed, you can't be afraid to fail.

I would rather try and fail, than never try because of fear of failure.

@Joshua Morris

Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Good luck

Paul

Welcome to BPO, great motivational post for other newbies to follow. Getting off your rear and taking action regardless of fears that will exist is key.

One of my favorite sayings is, the rich act in spite of fear while others allow fear to stop them.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.