entry level jobs

4 Replies

Hello BP members :) im 19 and trying to find a foot in the door job to get into the real estate world. Iv gotten my property management and real estate appraisal certification. However iv talked to plenty of Appraisers who are saying that none of them are getting enough business even to hire an assistant. Knowledge is great but i also need some income so i can start investing asap. Im willing to do anything. im hearing a lot about more college reqs just to get some of these PM jobs, but i know many of the BP members haven't done that. I just need some guidance to show me a good way to earn some cash and earn some field knowledge in the RE world. any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

This post has been removed.

This post has been removed.

@Landon Dolezal

Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need. You can offer to work with some members to get experience.

70% of all jobs are filled through networking. Consider LinkedIn. Join several local groups to your area. They will list jobs daily and have a contact person to network with.

Good luck

Paul

No solicitations, please, folks!

A couple of thoughts. One is to get a job at an apartment complex. IDK if that's possible with your credentials or if there's any thing available, but it would be a way to learn the leasing side of the business.

A job perhaps as an office manager at a office building or retail center. My DIL has a job like this.

Work construction. A good way to get hands on knowledge about swinging a hammer.

Working for a property management company.

One of the issues with real estate is there aren't very many paycheck jobs. That is, jobs where you get a regular paycheck. Most are commissioned sales. You have to put in the work and you get paid when deals close.

Also keep in mind that the vast majority of real estate investors who do have regular jobs have a job that's unrelated to real estate. Real estate is a good place to invest money you make in whatever job you choose. Don't limit yourself to real estate jobs. There may be a different path that's a better choice for you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.