User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
The ever enduring question

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:52

Starting out?

I have yet to introduce my self, So I supose I should now :)

I am as fresh as fresh gets.

I have had a never ending trive to get into REI ever since I was a child and someone introduced me to Monopoly.

I havent taken a course, whatched a dvd, or read a book for that matter.

Any information I have one the subject is weak via hear say and or rediculous infomercials on tv.

As far as general Real estate goes any knowledge I possess is the purchse of my own home. To comment on that as well, If it wasnt for the wonderful woman I will marry next month. I wouldnt even have a basic understanding of that. She primarily handled 98% of the entire ordeal. I was very busy at the time with work obligations. (She is a gem)

I now am 29 yrs old and finally ready to set aside the rock star like life style of which I have been living through out my 20's (note: set aside, not give up, LOL)

My wife to be and my self do fairly well (At least I think we do) I am a UPS driver and she an RN.

we pull around 150k combined. We have been in our home currently 1 year so any equity is little to even mention at this point. We do however have 40-50k liquid.

We both strongly agree REI is the road we wish to journey down.

Is this practical for us?

Some concerns stem from the ridiculous real estate market we live in, Central NJ. We grew up in union county. When we purchased our home we ventured out west close to the Pa boarder where we could get a bigger bang for our buck and yet still paid 350k for a 3 bedroom raised ranch.

We said we would actively move forward with this come the new year.

So this is where our education begins.

Where does a brank spanking newbie begin.

This forum is titled "Starting Out" are we, well not really we are more so looking to "Start Smart"

I could go into much more detail but that would leaving me rambling on and on.

I will answer a question before it is asked. Why do I want to do this? and What am I looking for?

Well It is Semptember and as I mentioned before I am a UPS driver when halloween rolls around I am not looking forward to that general meeting when management tell us to "kiss your families good bye you will see them after the holidays"

I need (we need) to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and someday I will be home.

Loading replies...