?Starting out - starting a blog??

3 Replies

Hello, lately I've considered starting a blog, which as Brandon Turner has mentioned in podcasts, can bring good exposure to a business or website.

However, as a beginner investor, I am struggling with walking the fine line of maintaining professionalism as a small business but being personable, not sounding like a total noob but also not giving away all "trade secrets". Lastly, does it become awkward when tenants are on the website looking at their home and find the "business" blog? They might recognize stories told and also realize how much money I'm making off them, right?

Does anyone have any suggestions or their experience in starting a blog? Thanks

Who do you plan to target with your blog? Also if you are giving how to advice? then that should be totally separate to which you send your RE clients to. I have blog but in no way am I a expert.. Just thought I would help

Hey @Kyle Mack - I tend to think the answer lies in the purpose of your site. I don't blog about real estate on the website my tenants go to - I only blog about stuff on my site I want other investors to see. So depending on what you want your website for - you could use 2 websites.

Thoughts?

yeah, I think that you both are right. It might be weird for tenants to go on a website that also has content that isnt really geared for them. However, I would like to create a blog on the "tenant" website.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.