Possible to start in multi-family while in Canada?

2 Replies

Good day,

I intend to start living part time in AZ in the fall (2014), but would like to buy at least one multifamily prop before then. (Netting 3K/month would be a great start!)

Is it possible to find a mentor and put a team together from Canada, or should I wait until I'm in AZ and can attend REI meetings?

Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

@Deborah Vann

This summer will be my 4th year in AZ and I love it! So I hope you're looking forward to living here, even if it is only part time.

I have not made any real estate transactions out of state yet; however, I did assist my parents in finding a summer condo. If you want to shoot me an e-mail with what it is you're looking for exactly I'd be happy to share my resources used for helping my parents. Granted it was a condo, I am more multi family housing minded.

Good luck!

Thanks, Derek - that's very generous. I just may take you up on that.

And, I DO love AZ - I miss the desert and the beautiful sunshine - I just love everything!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you