Possible to start in multi-family while in Canada?

2 Replies

Good day,

I intend to start living part time in AZ in the fall (2014), but would like to buy at least one multifamily prop before then. (Netting 3K/month would be a great start!)

Is it possible to find a mentor and put a team together from Canada, or should I wait until I'm in AZ and can attend REI meetings?

Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

@Deborah Vann

This summer will be my 4th year in AZ and I love it! So I hope you're looking forward to living here, even if it is only part time.

I have not made any real estate transactions out of state yet; however, I did assist my parents in finding a summer condo. If you want to shoot me an e-mail with what it is you're looking for exactly I'd be happy to share my resources used for helping my parents. Granted it was a condo, I am more multi family housing minded.

Good luck!

Thanks, Derek - that's very generous. I just may take you up on that.

And, I DO love AZ - I miss the desert and the beautiful sunshine - I just love everything!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here