How to approach a title company?

4 Replies

Hello BP and thanks for reading my post.

My situation:

I have a family that is in need of a place to rent by the beginning of August. They have NEVER been late in any payment in the past. I know them very well. They have bought homes in the past but now only wish to rent. Their credit is immaculate. Their monthly income is around 6k. They will rent till the grave.

They are currently paying $1,500.00 monthly and wish to pay slightly less. What they are looking for:

• 4 bed 2 bath
  • Single story
  • closer to the city

They would line to live in east Mesa, Arizona.

Now I'm seeing some opportunity for a possible land contract contact for deed. I will call some title companies today to solicit my interest in their long term service in exchange for a pre foreclosure list and land contract.

A little about me:

• I don't own a home
  • I have 0 debt
  • I have 8k cash
  • My credit score is 678
  • I'm renting
  • I live in Mesa, AZ outside of Phoenix

BP community, am I on the right track? What would you do?

I don't understand, or what the question is. Do you want to find a house for the tenants to buy? or rent? What does the title company have to do with your plan?

oops! Sorry about that! I want to find a home for this family to rent. I want to set up a land contract with an existing home owner that wants out. The title company can supply me a list of pre foreclosures in the area I desire. From there I will solicit my services to them via direct mail and door to door.

Does that answer your question K. Marie?

And what long term service do they provide? Check you local "Legal News" publications on deed filings, notices and actions may be included.

Trying to trade services in some manner with a title company is not the usual way business is conducted I really doubt they'd have any interest. Might as well rent to a cook at a restaurant and ask for a few meals out the deal. Just charge the cook and pay for your meal. :)

@Bill Gulley thanks. That's fine, I'll put some Benjamins down for a list.

Or I could negotiate a price to a local investor for finding me a lead, couple grand perhaps? They typically set the price. I work a 9 to 5 so my time Is spent.

I need leads.

Craigslist and bandit signs perhaps.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here