Looking for realtors who know NC

3 Replies

Hi all,

I just started learning real estate investment. My goal is to buy and hold for cash flow. And hopefully one day I will be able to achieve financial independence.

I'm currently living in Raleigh. I found it's pretty hard to achieve even 1% rule of rental properties. Because of that, I started looking into flips as well.I'm looking for realtors who know NC well and I also want to know more investors who have already done what I want to do.

Thank you so much.

Hey @Karen Wu I've come across a couple of real estate agents who know this lovely area of NC well. I met a couple of them through TREIA meetings and one while shopping for a primary residence.

However, I don't believe I can post their info here or I may catch a beat down from the mods! However, I will PM you their contact numbers & email so you can use them accordingly.

Hey Michael. I'm in the same position as Karen and I would appreciate the same info. Thanks.

Karen, I'm more than happy to get together and share notes if you're interested. I've been doing a lot of studying and decided to buy & hold in this area while my best friend is selling his first flip right now. I've also attended my first TREIA meeting last week and met a lot of helpful people there.

Shoot me a PM or email if you're interested in getting together.

Welcome to BP Karen and Mark.

It's hard to find property following the 2% rule in Cary. In a seller's market like we are in, it is a lot harder. I've been at 1.5% with condos... but I would generally not recommend that kind of investment as B/H.

You can find 2% rule properties here in Wake county, but it is a lot more difficult now that a few years ago. Example: purchase 3/1.5 SFR for $37K, add $8K in repairs/improvements (~$45K basis), and rent for $850-$900. That was in 2011 on a property off Sanderford Rd in SE Raleigh. Most will have some impairment that needs to be corrected (e.g. new kitchen in the above case.)

A broker will feed you MLS listings and that (IMO) is not where you find >>1% deals in a seller's market. If you get sucked in to their 'gotta buy now before prices go up' you will become a motivated buyer and your RE career will end before it gets started.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.