need to learn about marketing

6 Replies

I need help with marketing. I know being a young agent, I need to get myself out there, but how? What are the best methods?

Take a fresh angle and let people know you can help them purchase property with their 401k/IRA funds while maintaining the tax advantages. It's like turning one buyer into two. Most folks don't even know they're allowed to do it.

Aside from that, consider seeking out your local RIA or networking groups to meet folks in the area.

I've heard agents tell me they've received good results on websites like zillow and trulia. I can't vouch for that first hand though.

A website and print marketing would also be another good place to start.

Good luck!

@Morgan M.

You have a good start. My next step would be business cards with your website address on them. Grab a map and start canvasing neighborhoods. Put your card under doors with a personal touch "I love the grand front porch" or "Great location, I have people who'd like to buy this house!" Mark each place you've hit up. If you don't get any hits from the cards (they will be rare) find out who owns it and send them a note or give them a call.

Your goal is to find places that are going to make other people money. Become the all knowing guru of real estate in your city. And make sure everyone knows that you are the man to find when it is time to turn over some real estate.

Put your website out in every conversation you have. Hand out business cards and ask people if they are thinking of sell any property they have. If they aren't, tell them to look for any future sales they might be interested in. Put a personal note on each card, "looking for multis" or "cash for beat up homes" that is pertinent to the conversation you just had. Everyone knows someone that has something to sell, make sure they come to you with that information.

Your information is your business. Make sure you know the names of every banker, broker, agent and buyer within 5 miles of your house. Then expand that to 10, 25 and 100 miles away. Go out of your way to send them cards, emails and questions.

@Michael Q. I'm interested in the scripts....how do I access them?

@Michael Q. I just sent you a PM, I never knew you responded back. THANKS!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you