Home Equity Line on new Investment property

3 Replies

I"m looking to take $ out of an investment property I purchased recently- checking to see if folks have any references/ sources outside of traditional banks.

I have $150K 1st mortgage, appraisal at $369K but have only recently purchased the property. I've been told I need to hold house for 1 YR but thought it's worth asking the BP community.

Thanks!

Hey Michael, you might want to try the mortgage company called Prime Lending. They were willing to do cash out refi, 1 day after the property is bought or 6 months after if the property is held in an LLC. I'm not sure if they lend on property in MA, but worth giving them a call. My point of contact is as follows

Scott Storace (irvine, CA)

Production Manager at PrimeLending

949.973.0141 – Direct

866.893.7822 - Fax

PrimeLending NMLS 13649. Equal Housing Lender.

@Michael Medeiros   - HI Michael - If you're looking to cash out using the new market value then the title seasoning period is 12 months, however you can still cash out from 6-12 months the only difference is the value used is the "lesser of," appraisal value or acquisition cost (the final line item on your HUD1 at close).

You can even cash out day 0 - 6th month if you bought it cash aka delayed purchase but that is only if you purchased the property with all cash that can be documented from you directly (whether borrowed, or cash).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info.

CK i'll give Scott a call on Monday, thanks for the lead.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.