Setting up houses for walk through

5 Replies

I am new to BP and am reading and learning a lot just like the next guy. I saw an article advising flippers to invest in someone to set up the house with furniture and decor. Do people really need these resources? 

@Sarah Collins  it is good to give people a visual of what a house can look like.  An empty house may not appeal to certain buyers. With this being said staging a house poorly will also not have a desirable effect your looking to achieve.  This is where a good realtor can come in and provide market knowledge as to what sells and what sits.  But to answer your question you do not need this it is just another tool that you may want to use to help get quick sell, plenty of people buy empty house.

@Shawn M.  thanks for the post. That makes sense that it could hurt you if not done properly and people buy empty all the time. I see you are a real estate agent and you and your wife plan to start investing this year. How is it going? 

@Sarah Collins it is going well. Currently renovating our current residence with the goal of selling and purchasing a MFR closer to NYC.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you