• Realtor
  • Oakley, CA
Votes |
Make a Million Dollars in Real Estate

Jordan Sizelove
  • Realtor
  • Oakley, CA
Posted Aug 11 2014, 20:56

Hey everyone! I recently read Brandon Turner's blog (http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2012/12/12...) about how to make a million dollars from real estate. It is very informative and inspired me to get started with my real estate investing career.

I am currently attending Firsttuesday.us to get my real estate license in California (SF Bay Area). Have already completed the Real Estate Principles course and passed the exam with a 95%. I have two more courses to complete (Real Estate Practice and Legal Aspects of Real Estate). Afterwards comes the state exam. Is it really hard? Or should it be a piece of cake? Does anyone else have an experience with First Tuesday? If so, did their material do a good job in preparing you for the state exam?

My plan is to get my real estate license and work for my uncle's friend who owns a brokerage firm. After selling a few houses, I will use that money for a down payment for my first multifamily purchase.

Rinse and repeat. In the blog I referenced, one multifamily was purchased every few years. My plan is to purchase 1-3 multi-families every year. This may seem unrealistic, but I like to shoot high.

What does everyone think about my plan? Feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Really excited to get started and purchase my first property!!!

Loading replies...