Yellow letter paper

7 Replies

Hi there, I've got a printer, I've made my own font, I've typed up the letter, bought the yellow pad paper and have been sending off yellow letters to absentee owners.

I have a problem with my yellow pad paper tho. The lines drawn on the yellow pad are not always the same size. So when my printer prints on them, sometimes the font is either above or below the lines. 

So far the only place I've found to get yellow pad paper in a small size that fits in an invitation envelope is on amazon.com. But I have to tear it from a legal pad and it's inconsistent.

So where does everyone else get their yellow paper from?

I use standard 8 1/2 x 11, canary, 20# bond.  I created a watermark background that actually prints the lines on the paper, when it prints the text.  It takes the guess work out of lines & text lining up on the lines.

Thank you Hattie for the reply. So you don't use invitation envelopes? Does that work better or do you notice a difference?

I have used a standard sized squarish envelope whose size escapes me at the minute. I wanted something I could put in the printer and print directly on them.

I'm using an ink jet, so no worries with the post office. Thanks for the tip though!!

Originally posted by @Hattie Dizmond :

I use standard 8 1/2 x 11, canary, 20# bond.  I created a watermark background that actually prints the lines on the paper, when it prints the text.  It takes the guess work out of lines & text lining up on the lines.

I'm assuming you don't print lines on both sides. Does it matter if the back side doesn't have lines?

Originally posted by @Bryan H. :
Originally posted by @Hattie Dizmond:

I'm assuming you don't print lines on both sides. Does it matter if the back side doesn't have lines?

I don't think it mafters. You've already got what you wanted...  the letter got opened and they are reading it. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you