Is it possible or wise to wholesale a listed property?

4 Replies

I always hear and read that if a property is listed then it's basically a cold lead. Well if the price is right and negotiable, the seller is motivated, and the equity is there, is it possible to get a property under contract and wholesale it with no access proof of funds? Possibly bird dog it? And still be fair and profitable to the realtor.

As Andrew said sure it it possible but no one in a listed transaction want to see you make any money. A good agent will want to make sure you have the ability to close your self. The contracts that real estate agents use just about universally say they cannot be assigned

Medium crab1 copyNed Carey, Crab Properties LLC | http://baltimorerealestateinvestingblog.com/

You may have a chance on listed properties that need some work since banks won't lend on them.

Yes, it is definitely possible. An agent with a property that is not moving usually grows larger ears. My suggestion, go to the listing agent to present your contract, In my early investor days I made the presentation of the offer subject to me presenting it to the sellers in person. The agent had no idea or what my offer was and I didn't want them to know, and when they insisted I said no, this is the way I do It and whatever happens is a good thing for you. If they don't like my offer, it helps you to later get changes in your listing and one step closer to getting it sold. If you refuse to do it, the department of real estate is not going to look upon your refusal to present kindly, and there is nothing in the law that says I can't go directly to the owners and if I do that how is  that going to make you look? And you know if I'm at the front door with an offer they are going to want to know what it is no matter what you may have told them.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you