Advice On Where to Strat and How to Find Someone to Partner With

2 Replies

Fellow Real Estate Investors, 

I am just getting started with real estate investing and I am looking for some advice on where to start, i.e., where to find info, how to find the right property, how to start investing while still working a full-time job, etc.

Also, I don't have the capital to invest in properties, I would love to hear some advice on how you found a partner who was willing to put up the capital. How did you find them and how were you able to convince them to partner with you? 

Thanks!

Welcome to investing and welcome to BP. 

One big step is getting a real estate agent who is experienced working with investments and knows the game. That will be very important. 

It is tough to get started without any capital but one way you can earn some is through wholesaling. There is a lot of good info about it on the boards here. It will be tough to find a partner who is willing to put up the capital at this point unless you can bring something to the table for them (experience, connections, etc.). I hope this helps and let me know what else I can do for you. 

Thanks for the reply Casey! Do you know where I can find agents who are experienced in investments? 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.