Questions to have answered prior to asking an investor for $$$

2 Replies

Hello BP,

I'm beyond new to this real estate stuff, however I have been presented a pretty great offer! I have the opportunity to have 100% funding towards a multifamily complex (9 units) in my current neighborhood. My take on the property is that I get to live no rent, so long as I manage the place. Over time I plan on buying the owner out. I would like to go to the investor and basically give them a presentation with every last bit of info anyone would need to partake in an invest situation. I am starting to get lost though on what kinds of questions I can expect them to ask as I would like be prepared to have all of the basic/normal data/information available upon meeting with them. thx!

@Nicholas Barr  sounds like the biggest thing your missing in this scenario is experience.  Your becoming a property manager for a 9 unit building, this means you are the person in charge of protecting the investment.   You need to find experience!  Find a local PM and see if you can shadow them.  

@Shawn M. thanks for the suggestion. To be honest, that idea hasn't yet popped up in my head. I've been overwhelmed with so many other questions I really didn't even give the PM thing much thought. I'm confident in my ability to maintain a complex, but thats about it. I'll start seeking additional advice in this area. Thanks a ton!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here