New to investion

4 Replies

Hello every one! I am from Wilmington Delaware and I'm  brand new to investing and real estate all together. I have very little experience and the little I do have I got from purchasing my first house that I currently live in now. I am now ready to step out, and invest to create monthly cash flow outside of my everyday job.

I have listened to a lot of the podcasts and the are very, very helpful but I still fill I need more information before make the jump into buying ( maybe I just have cold feet lol ) but I do know I would like to start with duplex homes.

Welcome to the BP Community@Maurice Caulk  . Let me start by saying you've made a wise choice to learn more about the real estate industry because it truly is a great vehicle for creating financial independence. This site will also be a great asset for your business, so make sure you interact on a consistent basis to meet and communicate with people in your field-you can learn a TON also. With that being said, my suggestion to you as a new investor, which I'm still pretty new to the industry myself, would be to learn as much as you can before getting involved with any deals. The more informed you are to your field of study, then the more prepared you will be once you begin investing, and you will have a greater sense of awareness to what you are getting involved in. You will always learn  as you go along, so education will never stop. I do suggest taking the real estate brokers course for your state and get licensed. The course teaches you the "right" way to do things, and it gives you a lot of the information that is vital to you being a successful real estate investor. I'm not saying you necessarily "have to" take the course,but it will give you some very vital information that will be beneficial to you progressing in your career. Invest in yourself before you invest into any "deal". I wish you much success in your business, and look forward to seeing you around the site. 

WOW that's amazing thank you for he support and information! It's good to know I'm pointed in the right direction, much appreciated thank you

Welcome Maurice and congrats on getting in the business. You've chosen the right industry to prosper! Like Larmon said, this site will be an asset to you and the members will be able to provide you with a wealth of information and direction. Please let me know if I can help you in any specific direction! Multi-unit is a great choice and can be very lucrative.

Welcome to BP. Great luck, see you at a local REIA.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here