Investing for the Long Haul.

2 Replies

How many for you take the approach that real estate investing is more like a Marathon Race and not a Sprint. That finding the right deals that fit's your investing goals should be outline. Rather then jumping in with both feet and then finding yourself over way over your head.

Its easy to sit back and say " I want to quit my job and invest in Real Estate Full Time."

But, I don't think most people really take into account the down time involved in closing some deals, or the amount of time it take to track down just the right deal.

Either way, I started to look at Real Estate Investing as a Goal Setting Activity, 

• What do I want?
  • How can I get there?
  • What have I done today that leads me towards my end result?

Would love to hear your approach towards investing.

Cheers

Hey Paul,

That's exactly how I'm approaching it. I'm looking to buy and hold to slowly build up equity and a large enough cash flow to replace my day job. I'm still in the learn what the heck I'm doing stage, and aim to close on my first property within the next year. I may go the 'house hack' route and rent out our current place, moving into a new place that will also make a good rental when we're ready to move on from there. I'm definitely looking years ahead with what I aim to accomplish via real estate. No 'get rich quick' aspirations here.

All the best in your dealings! 

Cheers,

Tim

Buy and hold is definitely not "get rich quick". That's why the word "hold" in in the name.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here