16 Year Old trying To Break In To The Real Estate Industry

6 Replies

Hi,

My name is Shawn and ive been intrigued by the concept of real estate investing for quite a while now, ive been reading up on it and watching deals go down on you tube. However now I really want to get started. I know I cant do flipping right now because that requires some sort of capital for renovation, so ive been thinking about wholesaling. So my question is do you guys have any tips on how I can get started while also keeping in mind I dont exactly have capital because I am 16 years old.

Also I would love a mentor to teach me the inns and outs of the market. Think of me as your investment, one day soon hopefully ill sprout or blossom in to a great investor and pay you back for helping me when I was starting out :)

Thank you

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

Until you can find a flesh and blood mentor be sure to check all the awesome resources here! 

Especially the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. Many of us including myself talk about our strategies, styles, niches and business model on our website. So definitely check that out as it is an amazing additional resource. For example, my blog is about while working full time, buy and hold investing, 0% Down Rentals, Personal Properties turned rentals, Long distancing investing, self-managing 3,000+ miles away. Definitely list your website or blog in your signature. Its a great additional networking source.

Look forward to seeing you around!

@Shawn Amersi , welcome to Bigger Pockets! I'm encouraged to see a young man like yourself taking initiative this early to ask questions. I wish I had started earlier, but looking back, I didn't have any money. Some people came alongside me and gave me some good books that whetted my appetite for real estate. My advice is to read up as much as you can right now and keep searching for a mentor. I can't volunteer myself unfortunately.

If you are 16 then you can't legally enter into contracts.  It might be beneficial to partner with someone who is 18 or over.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.