Looking For The Right Business Partner - DFW, Texas

2 Replies

Hello BP!  First and foremost, thank you all for the knowledge you share within the community.

I am looking for the right business partner for investing here in the DFW market. Im hoping to have a partner before fully starting within the next 2 months, in order to connect and brainstorm together on what will be our approach.

Although I do not mind working solo, I believe that the right partner is an extremely valuable asset.  With that said, I would like to explain what my plans are as well as what I believe my assets are in order to provide you with a better picture of what I bring to the table.

Plans:  

I would like to start off by wholesaling. I would like to start purchasing and rehabbing by year end with the homes we find.  Wholesaling is a means to learn more on what other investors look for ... before pulling the trigger with cash ourselves.

What I bring to the table:

I have successfully started businesses, managed, and sold for profit.  This will be my first time with a partner on an investment venture.

I understand website design, marketing through various avenues, business process improvement, and costs associated.

I will be a cash buyer when the time comes to pull the trigger on rehab projects.  

I work a full time job.  This provides extra & "secured" cashflow.  I will not be quitting anytime soon.  I enjoy what i do and it provides me with a level of flexibility as well - I work from home some days during the week and have weekends off.

I am determined to make this work regardless how many times I/ We fail.

I will be a father in December, and couldn't not be more determined than I am now.

A long time friend of mine is my mentor, but it would be great if you had one as well (not necessary though).

Feel free to message me with any questions, etc.  i look forward to hearing from DFW'ans/ites.

Also, if anyone knows when the next meet-up will take place, please let me know. I would like nothing more than to start networking and talking with other investors face to face.

@Michael Petrovich 

Welcome! There are 2 REIA's near you. The primary Dallas REIA meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Marriott Quorum @ 6pm, so 11/13.

The NTREIA meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at the Richardson Civic Center at 6:30, 11/20 is the next meeting.

The first meeting for each is free with an online signup. You can find their websites by Googling the names. There are several other actual REIA's in the Metroplex, but those are the closest to you. There are also any number of MeetUp groups around REI that you can find on MeetUp.com.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.