How to find a proper business partner.

1 Reply

Hello, my name is Mitch.

I was wondering if anyone could advice me, on how to team up with an investor or a group of investors in north east Florida. I have some good ideas and I am capable of searching, remodeling and selling properties. Unfortunately I cant get my family financially secure enough to start investing enough of my own money to make it happen. 

@Maciej Szymczyk  

3 things to improve your chances of getting a deal with investors:

1. Get your Florida GC license. I can frame and demo, but that doesn't mean I'm a serious rehabber.

2. Bring some money to the table.  If you can bring $5k to the deal, it shows that you've got more than an idea to bargain with.

3. Bring a deal that is ready to go.  If you want me to invest my money on a flip, show me every last detail on how I'm going to make 50+% on this deal in 6 months.  Get to know the area you want to rehab in and get it down pat.  If places are selling for 100k, you better be buying for 20k or less if the place needs 50k in work.  If you are so confidant that this flip is going to make big money, lock it up with your own cash so no one scoops it while we are negotiating terms.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here