Where to Start

4 Replies

I'm planning on beginning my real estate investing career in 3-5 years. What steps should I be taking right now?

Welcome! @Ben Zajdel  

First thing first is to download the Biggerpockets beginners guide which is free! This gives you a brief overview. Joshua & Brandon really break down figuring out what types of strategies to use to get to what you want to eventually do. Read, connect and ask questions. 

Good luck you're in great hands here!

Welcome @Ben Zajdel  , I totally agree with @Frantzces Lys  

In my own opinion, I would focus on credit, saving cash, building relationships, and knowledge for the first 12 months. Don't be in a rush to close on that first deal.

I have written a few blogs on topics that relate to the beginner, please feel free to read them, and give me some feedback on what you think.

Brandon L., Real Estate Agent in VA (#0225225026)
571-510-0027

Start attending your local REIA's, this will help shorten your learning curve and keep you in the loop on what is happening in your market. Keeping a bead on the market is key, a lot can change over the period of 3-5 years. Best of luck and welcome to BP!

There are tons of different methods of investing. Figure out what type you want to start focusing on. Plus this isn't an all or nothing activity. I do lots of stuff (full time job, blog, spouse AND own 5 properties self manage 8). If there is a will there is a way. So don't give up trying to find a way to start investing sooner

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.