Looking for Good REIA Meetings near Nashville, TN

12 Replies

I want to find a good, active REIA in the Nashville, TN area and specifically wonder if there is a good one in or near Franklin,TN

Thanks!

REIN

http://www.reintn.org/ is the site where you can check out the calendar for meet ups. The main monthly meeting is pretty cool and I love the sub group Deals Deals Deals.

@Micah Copeland Have you actually been to quite a few of the meetings? I subscribed to the email list, but every meeting they messaged me about seemed like (1) I had to pay to attend, and (2) had a speaker who was going to be selling me something. Is this the case?

Originally posted by @JT Spangler :

@Micah Copeland Have you actually been to quite a few of the meetings? I subscribed to the email list, but every meeting they messaged me about seemed like (1) I had to pay to attend, and (2) had a speaker who was going to be selling me something. Is this the case?

I have only been at it for about 2 months now, but I did go to last months main meeting and it was super informative about Nashville current state of affairs (jobs coming, what areas to target, and just a generalization of where Nashville is headed). No one tried to sell anything that night. Besides that the deals deals deals subgroup is legit. No one tries to sell anything besides the deals they have acquired and they usually have a new topic to teach each time as well. Come out to the next one this month. You will definitely see me there.

@Micah Copeland Ok, thanks for the info. I'm closing on a place next Friday, and will probably be heavy with the rehab before I head home for christmas, but I'll put the meetings on my calendar and see what it looks like.

Originally posted by @JT Spangler :

@Micah Copeland Ok, thanks for the info. I'm closing on a place next Friday, and will probably be heavy with the rehab before I head home for christmas, but I'll put the meetings on my calendar and see what it looks like.

Sounds great.. and congrats on he closing. I hope you kill it!

Hi @Victoria Garretson  

I have gone to the REIN. Lunch meeting at Dalt's and found it to be helpful ( on Whitebridge Rd  in Nashville ). You might try that.

Anne

Anne Wallace

@Anne Wallace  They are no longer having that meetup. Mary was burnt out and attendance wasn't what it used to be.

The Deals, Deals, Deals meetup is a great meet-up (I know because I am one of the 4 speakers). We try to provide a meetup where the main focus is making deals (which of course make $$$). in addition to that we aim to cover topics other groups and guru's don't cover.

Last meetup was awesome as we filled the room (which I never have seen filled before). The next Deals, Deals, Deals meetup is on Tue, December 16 at 6:30pm and is free to come to.

@Wayne Woodson 

Hi Wayne 

There was a lunch meeting on Tuesday December 2nd and I think Mary said they were thinking of going to 1x per month , but maybe it has now been canceled. Thanks for the tip on the other meeting.

Anne

Anne Wallace

I went to REIN's home tour of four rehabs on Saturday and thought it was a fantastic event. I wrote about all four projects, if anyone's interested. And I'd definitely suggest going to the next one, although one's not scheduled yet.

Originally posted by @Wayne Woodson:

@Anne Wallace  They are no longer having that meetup. Mary was burnt out and attendance wasn't what it used to be.

The Deals, Deals, Deals meetup is a great meet-up (I know because I am one of the 4 speakers). We try to provide a meetup where the main focus is making deals (which of course make $$$). in addition to that we aim to cover topics other groups and guru's don't cover.

Last meetup was awesome as we filled the room (which I never have seen filled before). The next Deals, Deals, Deals meetup is on Tue, December 16 at 6:30pm and is free to come to.

Hey @Wayne Woodson

I checked out the info to sign up for the Dec 16 meeting, but according to the sign up form you have to be referred to attend. Could you provide any insight on how that works?

Thanks!

Nathan

Yes I am referring you, so you may now attend. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you