Getting Started In Fresno CA

3 Replies

Hello All, 

I wanted to drop a quick hello and say I am happy to be a part of BP. I am Monique and I am a new investor in Fresno, CA. 

I am looking to complete my first deal in the next 30-45 Days and I would appreciate any advice, or guidance anyone could provide.

At the moment I am in search of a investor friendly tittle companies that is familiar with wholesaling, double and sanctimonious closing in Fresno, Can someone point me in the right direction. 

I just did a deal with Old Republic Title in Fresno and they were great, however I'm not sure about wholesaling and double closings with them, but they are worth a shot.  Dana Forsythe is who I worked with and she was great.

Monique, welcome to the investing world. 

Over the coming years you will likely use a number of different title companies for your closings. As such, you may want to remember that not all title companies / title documents are created equal and as such, you may want to request they send you a blank copy of their company's closing documents for the seller or buyer side, depending on which one you're working. If you're not totally familiar with these documents and the meaning of their language, you may want to have an attorney assist you in revising the documents so they are not so one-sided in the T.C.'s favor. This alone has decreased my liability on hundreds of closings....liability I neither want nor need and that you won't either.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here