Frustrated

1 Reply

What would you suggest someone do that is trying to get in the business, but doesn't have the money right now for marketing. I'm currently living check to check and it's hard to put money into anything else other than living. I have been D4D and I'm just looking for a way to get out of my current situation and into what I know I'll succeed at. Any HELPFUL information would be greatly appreciated.

First of all figure out a way to cut down some of the extra expenses out there. Secondly, I'd suggest that you take some other investors out for lunch and pick their brains. Perhaps you can shadow one or find someone else to work on a project with. You might not get paid much right away but it can really get thinngs rolling for you and you can pick up things you can't on BP. I started out as just a simple laborer on a project this summer and it turned into me being the project manager and the guy wanting me to work for him full time. I had to say no at the time in order to get other things lined up and, personally, I want to be my own boss and not having another job. Happily, I got paid quite well for the work I did so it was a win win. We partned on two wholesale deals, they were both pretty thin, and I learned how much faith someone can have in the classes and programs they sign up for. I could see that this other investor is dedicated and I admired his faith he had in his mentors because he sure felt uncomfortable and unsure about many of the things he was doing but it was working.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.