Success stories using 203k with a full time job? Is this realistic?

2 Replies

Has anyone used a 203k streamline or full loan while working a full time job? The amount of time needed to invest in this loan isnt the issue but the timing of this time might be the issue...such as meeting with contractors to gather bids, meeting with inspectors, meeting with HUB consultant, paperwork at the lenders, etc...

Im sure most of these people will not be available after 5? 

What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you!

@Kyle Gregg  

Hello! I am guessing you are thinking about buying a foreclosure with a 203k loan. Its completely doable with a full time job, you just have to make time for it. As for the contractors and inspectors, some of them will work with you on your time. Not always but some. Contractors will come on a Saturday to give you bids and such. You just have to figure out how to manage your time. 

Hope this helps!

I don't think you'll have a problem. You can always leave a lockbox on the property for contractors and such. You should be able to handle everything else by email.  The few I've worked on had a GC and I never really saw the owners but a couple times.  Heck even the GCs weren't around most of the time.  I'd be your own GC if you can, which it sounds like your plan.  

Promotion
Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is a top mortgage lender
Save $1,290 on your next home – no lender fee*
Get special perks like $1,290 in lender fee savings when you buy a second home with Guaranteed Rate.
Apply Now