Just starting to dive in!

2 Replies

Hello BP Nation!

I've had a life-long vision that I would one day create wealth within the real estate market.  I am 30 years old and am just beginning to seriously look into making the leap.  I've spent the last week doing much research, reading articles and listening to podcasts.  I would be interested in beginning with either a rental property or possibly rehabbing and flipping.  I've received answers to many of my questions, except one:

Is it a necessity, or suggested, to obtain my real estate license prior to investing in real estate? 

With the understanding that I know very little about this industry at this point, I'm sure the knowledge will help.  But is it necessary?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Riaz

Welcome!

For me getting a license is more limited than helpful. I use a realtor and invest in the buy and hold market. There are lots my ways to get started.

We are buy and hold investors. We got started by buying a personal and turning it into rental when we left. At the same time we lived on one salary We saved the other leveraging our W2 salaries to invest in personal properties. 

We decided to self manage and from there have slowly been putting together out "empire". 

Thank you Elizabeth.  I appreciate the reply.

Would you mind expanding on why you feel getting a license is limiting?  And also what are, if any, the advantages to getting my license?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here