Setting the foundation for a successful real estate business

3 Replies

Hello to the BP community!

First off, I'd like to say that this community seems to be one of the best real estate investing tools I've come across.  I am definitely a proud member! I thank you in advance for your replies.

I am new to San Antonio and even newer to investing!  At this point, I feel like I'm laying the foundation for myself in regards to getting everything ready to bang out this year.  I have taken my real estate courses and only need to schedule the exam now which will be within the first week of March.  I am trying to foster valuable relationships with those that can further my success.  I've contacted and met with a few wholesalers, other realtors, investors, contractors, private money etc.  Other than filing for an llc, choosing a broker for my license, what other preemptive steps would yall recommend for a newbie San Antonian  and aspiring investor?  

Find a mentor who has been doing what you're wanting to do! - Jason Cohen Pittsburgh

Thanks Jason.

I have, somewhat, a hands off mentor.  Problem is how busy he is with the day to day operations of his own business to answer any and all of my questions.  I get tidbits here and there, but a collective hive of suggestions and experiences is much better than one's own anyways.  

I would like to know from other new investors what they did just starting out to make sure they were good to go and ready to pull the trigger on their first deal.and I'd like to know from experienced investors what they wish they would have done in the very beginning in regards to getting all the footwork done.

welcome to SA! I knew I was ready for my first deal because my partner and mentor advised me to buy a particular property and I have done great on it. I like a mentorship where he shows me his business (no charge), and I buy his deals which makes both he and I money. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here