Smart Ways to start my Real Estate Investing

1 Reply

Hello Everyone, 

I am just starting and buried myself in a few real estate books and feel I am ready to take the leap to financial success. I am thinking to look for a multi-dwelling unit in the Southeast Florida Area, Delray Beach to Miami areas.  Maybe 10 units plus.  Where would be a good place to start acquiring the pricing I need.  Reputable Real Estate Brokers? How about financing.  Should I sit with a Mortgage Broker to see what I can qualify for? 

Whether or not I should start using my credit or should I start an LLC and purchase that way? What are the best options to start my real estate investing. I obviously will do my Due Diligence in looking for Properties and making sure the investment will reveal a profit.

My goal is to use the appreciated value of what I purchase to continue to purchase more multi-unit bldgs.  I believe I finally have the access to capital. However this capital is abroad.  Can I bring large sums of money from overseas to be able to start my venture? Is that a good idea?  I realize this is an incredible forum to gain access to information.  Looking for any ideas!  Thank you for taking the time

Drew

@Andrew Powell-Sampellegrini  You can use money from abroad, but it needs to be structured very carefully with a real estate attorney well versed in international / corporate finance and real estate. I have worked with a great lawyer in Miami that I know helps international . foreign real estate investors. These lawyers are worth their weight in gold. PM me and I will send you his information. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.