Hey, I'm Kei. I'm new to this. Navigating uncharted territory.

2 Replies

Would love to hear about your experiences and how you were able to use this site to accomplish your investment goals. Do you have any tip for young small scale investors that are looking to make a big return?

Thanks in advance, 

Kei 

This is a great source of information, lots of good people here. I have found good contacts in several cities on BP. 

A lot of bpers seem to be conventional rental investors, and that's fine. Areas in the realm of seller finance seem to be a bit controversial? I love it in my buy and holds where I do that. I have lurked for some time and only started posting yesterday. Good luck.

Kei

The goals should be yours, this site is to gather info about how to get there. I generally tell new investors that are looking for home runs to concentrate on getting singles and that means getting up to bat. Home runs have a tendency to show up when your up to the plate trying to get a solid single, so unless your another Babe Ruth forget about big returns, go for constant nice returns and lots of them.  So your job now, and it is a job, is to get up to the plate as often as your can. 

Now I know nothing about your area so I will not suggest anything specific to start pursuing right now. But select something and start working it. When I started I was a week past my 16th birthday and this new thing had come out call a Corvette, and I wanted one and my older brother and I found a niche in what where called flats, one unit up, one unit down, in Oakland California. We made them nice with cosmetic rehabbing and resold them to couples wanting to live in one and rent the other. Or even two couples trying to get into home ownership and not wanting to bother with tenants. Or to owners in the area wanting to expand their holdings. We added other types of investing as we went along and I assume that is what you will do, so as I said select something to start and start.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you