Colorado Springs Real Estate

4 Replies

I'm new to Colorado Springs  and am looking to get my feet wet in the RE industry. 

Do you think its best to volunteer at an Agents open house? 

What should I do as far as getting experience before I earn my license?

Hey man. I think the agents open house is a great idea. Here's a few suggestions from my end. 

1) Figure out where the Colorado Springs REIA is and try to get to every meeting.

2) Use the "Network" tab on BP and connect with the most active members from C-Springs. I'm sure they'll have a lot of good advice.

3) Brandon Turner started a forum post called What are the key indicators of a good real estate market. Harness the power of Google to get answers to as many of these questions as you can. 

Best of luck man. Hope your PCS went well. 

@Ryanchase Balthazar  Welcome to BP! It is a great place to learn. Dig around on the forums. Listen to the podcasts. As @Tyler Flagg mentioned, attend some REIA's in the area. Spend a couple months doing those three activities and you'll be on your way. If you're not in a financial position to buy a property, you might volunteer to help another investor out just so you can learn.

I live in Colorado Springs, but I'm in the process of selling my last property here. I am actively acquiring properties down the road in Pueblo, Colorado.

Mike

@Ryanchase Balthazar  unless you are licensed in Colorado, I doubt an agent would let you work their open house. If you are licensed, open houses are a way to troll for buyers. In reality you should read Gary Keller's Millionaire Real Estate Agent. It's really about getting listings that make you profitable as an agent.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.