Florida Investing

2 Replies

I got a hold of a small inheritance money ($40k) and I want to invest in real estate in south florida, hopefully this will be the stepping stone to get into real estate investing as I am tired of  my high stress 10 hour a day corporate job... I leave int he north broward area, any suggestions on how to start? where to start? I have been looking a different properties but it is hard to identify a good deal either to rent or flip...

thanks for any advice...

Since your goal is to use that money towards retirement income and you need to make a smart decision on your first property, I would ask for recommendations for an investor-friendly real estate agent in your area.  There is a lot of info on BP about interviewing them and making sure they know their stuff.  A good real estate agent will help you identify a solid, income producing property. There are other people who can help you but for your first deal having someone knowledgeable to advocate for you and guide you through the process is absolutely necessary.

Think about the kind of investment that would best suit you, ie do you want to be a landlord?  Would a commercial rental be better than a residential one? what are the additional expenses (insurance, property management, etc).  Keep reading the forums and ask questions along the way.  Good luck!

Hello Luis, 

I noticed you are in Pompano Beach, just south of where the Brokerage I work for manages rentals and investment properties.  If you are still interested in South Florida Real Estate investing my broker can help you with the entire process. This includes finding a quality property, screening quality tenants, collecting and sending the rent payments to you, and managing the property.

You can reach him by phone at (561) 572-8888, 

or sending a message through our website at http://www.arenaandcompany.com/

Have a wonderful day!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you